Moraine Park Technical College maintains compliance with Wisconsin Administrative Code TCS 10. Registration is required for attendance in all courses offered at Moraine Park Technical College. Priority registration at Moraine Park Technical College is given to program students. Specific registration dates and times are designated for returning program students and new program students. All program students may continue to register after their priority date has passed. After completion of the program priority dates, registration is open to everyone. Deadlines and procedures for registration are published each semester.
Undergraduate Level Student
- Returning Program Student
- Returning program student is identified as a student who is not new to Moraine Park, is currently in a program of study, and is returning after at least one semester of enrollment.
- Returning program students may register when returning program student registration begins.
- New Program Student
- New program student is identified as a student who has not had prior program enrollment at Moraine Park.
- New program students may register when new program registration begins.
- Undeclared/Non-Degree Seeking Student
- A student enrolled in course for credit who is not recognized by the institution as seeking a degree or formal award.
- Undeclared/non-degree seeking students may register for classes once registration is open to everyone.
Non-credit Level Student
· Students taking courses in non-undergraduate level courses. Non-credit registration once open will remain open to registration throughout the year. Once classes are viewable on the class schedule, students are allowed to register in these courses.
· Classes are filled on a first-come, first-served basis.
· Students may not register for courses in which scheduled meeting times overlap in full or in part.
· Registration is not complete nor are students permitted to attend classes until all fees are paid.
· Any holds on the student’s account may prevent registration.
· Students must be registered in the class to attend the class section.
Course Requirements and Pre-Requisites
All course prerequisites, co-requisites or program restrictions must be met or Associate Dean approval/permission obtained.
Priority registration is given to current program students. Specific registration dates and times are designated each semester for returning program students and new program students. All program students may continue to register after their priority date has passed. Start College Now students may register the day after open registration begins. All other students may register after open registration begins. Registration dates will be published on the college’s website.
Veteran Priority Registration
2013 Wisconsin Act 56 gives priority registration to veterans and service members attending Wisconsin technical colleges. Those eligible include veterans and service members who are currently active or have an honorable or general under honorable discharge and reside in Wisconsin.
In accordance with the law Moraine Park Technical College allows eligible veterans and service members (not including dependents) to register one (1) day prior to their standard designated registration date.
Priority registration does not waive any course or program requirements, such as prerequisites and program restrictions. Courses are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Course Waiting Lists
If a class is filled, students may request to be placed on a class waiting list. The class waiting list is compiled on a first-come, first-served basis. If an opening should occur in the class, students on the class waiting list will be called sequentially. Students have 24 hours (1 business day) to respond or register for the class. If a student does not respond or register within 24 hours, the next person on the waiting list will be called. Students are responsible for keeping their contact information updated.
Ways to Register for Classes
· Online via myMPTC Student
· In-person at any campus location (Beaver Dam, Fond du Lac, West Bend).
· Complete and submit the online registration form. Completing this form will require a Dynamic Forms account be created.