To learn more, visit: https://www.morainepark.edu/academics/programs/agribusiness-science-and-technology/
Program Number: 10-006-2
Associate of Applied Science Degree
Campus: Shared with Lakeshore Technical College*
This program is eligible for financial aid
Experience on-the-job training to prepare for employment in the agriculture industry through this two-year Agribusiness Science and Technology program.
About the Program
Whether you’re getting ready to take over your family’s farm, want to work at a seed supplier or are looking to work in the agriculture industry, a degree in agribusiness science and technology can open doors to a world of opportunities.
The Agribusiness Science and Technology associate degree is a shared program with Lakeshore Technical College (LTC). That means students get the convenience of taking classes at either campus. *General studies classes and labs can be taken at Moraine Park, as well as via live interactive television. For more information, please see Lakeshore Technical College's Agribusiness Science and Technology program page.
What You'll Learn
Through hands-on learning and on-the-job experience using agricultural technology, students will gain skills in animal science and nutrition, integrated pest management, soil science, crop production and precision agriculture. With farming courses taught by industry professionals, students will be able to successfully develop their agribusiness skills and enhance their success through sales, marketing and business management.
Earn credits at MPTC and transfer to a four-year college to earn your bachelor’s degree.
Visit the Transfer to a Four-Year College page for more information on credit transfer agreements between Moraine Park and four-year colleges, both public and private.
The admission process for a shared program should be completed at Lakeshore Technical College.
- $146.20 per credit (resident)
- $219.30 per credit (out-of-state resident)
Associate of Arts/Associate of Science
- $188.90 per credit (resident)
- $283.35 per credit (out-of-state resident)
Online students are not charged out-of-state fees.
- $4.50 minimum per course Material Fee
- $12.50 per-credit Supplemental Fee for Undergraduate courses
- $10 minimum per credit Online Course Fee (Fee suspended for 2023-2024)
- $4.50 per term mandatory Student Accident Insurance Fee
Please refer to Tuition & Fee Information for additional enrollment fee information.
The financial aid process for a shared program should be completed at Lakeshore Technical College.
For course requirements, please see Lakeshore Technical College's Agribusiness Science and Technology program page.
- Develop an agri-business management plan.
- Apply economic and marketing strategies to agribusiness industry.
- Apply relevant technologies.
- Create a crop management plan.
- Create a livestock management plan.
- Investigate opportunities in agribusiness.
- Interact as a professional in agribusiness.
Earn a technical diploma and associate degree along this pathway. Start with some courses for entry-level employment, and continue with additional courses for higher wages and job advancement.