To learn more, visit: https://www.morainepark.edu/academics/programs/administrative-medical-assistant-certificate/
Program Number: 61-160-2
Campus: Fond du Lac
This program is not eligible for financial aid
About the Program
Administrative medical assistants are at the front lines of a medical office and play an integral role in the patient experience. The courses from this certificate can be directly transferred into Moraine Park’s Medical Assistant technical diploma and Medical Office Management Associate of Applied Science degree should students choose to continue their education.
What You'll Learn
This certificate prepares students to perform specialized administrative tasks in a health care setting such as patient registration, scheduling patient appointments and procedures, telecommunications skills, maintaining electronic health care records, operating computer software and office equipment, and maintaining supplies for the office.
Earn credits at MPTC and transfer to a four-year college to earn your bachelor’s degree.
Visit the Transfer to a Four-Year College page for more information on credit transfer agreements between Moraine Park and four-year colleges, both public and private.
Standard Admissions steps details
Credit for Prior Learning
Earn college credit outside the classroom through Moraine Park’s Credit for Prior Learning (CPL) opportunities. Credit opportunities are available for:
- Previous college coursework from prior institutions
- Military training and experience
- Passing of MPTC or national exams
- Skills or knowledge developed on the job or through other life experiences
Visit MPTC’s Credit for Prior Learning page for more information.
- $146.20 per credit (resident)
- $219.30 per credit (out-of-state resident)
Associate of Arts/Associate of Science
- $188.90 per credit (resident)
- $283.35 per credit (out-of-state resident)
Online students are not charged out-of-state fees.
- $4.50 minimum per course Material Fee
- $12.50 per-credit Supplemental Fee for Undergraduate courses
- $10 minimum per credit Online Course Fee (Fee suspended for 2023-2024)
- $4.50 per term mandatory Student Accident Insurance Fee
Please refer to Tuition & Fee Information for additional enrollment fee information.
Plan of Study Grid
|Digital Literacy for Healthcare
|Medical Assistant Administrative Procedures
|Human Body in Health and Disease
|Medical Office Insurance and Finance
Students in the Administrative Medical Assistant Certificate are not required to take 509-304 as a prerequisite to 509-101 Medical Assistant Administrative Procedures and 509-107 Medical Office Insurance and Finance.
Earn a certificate, a technical diploma and associate degree along this pathway. Start with some courses for entry-level employment, and continue with additional courses for higher wages and job advancement.