To learn more, visit: https://www.morainepark.edu/academics/programs/wastewater-treatment-plant-operator-apprenticeship/
Program Number: 50-527-1
This program is not eligible for financial aid
Learn the skills needed to become an effective wastewater operator through the three-year Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator Apprenticeship at Moraine Park.
About the Program
Whether you have the mechanical aptitude or are a problem-solving guru, Moraine Park’s Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator Apprenticeship is designed to turn students into effective wastewater operators that the complex water industry needs. This three-year program will cover everything required to successfully prepare students for wastewater jobs. Students can take their education to the next level by earning advanced certifications in the trade.
What You'll Learn
Students will learn how to monitor, maintain and adjust a wide variety of systems found in wastewater treatment plants through hands-on learning and on-the-job training. Classes, which are taught by highly skilled instructors who work in the field, teach students how to adjust sludge thickness on flotation thickeners and collect various samples.
Learn more at www.wisconsinapprenticeship.org
Apprentice students do not complete standard admissions with Moraine Park. Interested students should contact:
Tim Budda, Apprenticeship Training Representative
Applicants should be 18 years of age and submit an apprentice and employer application to their Bureau of Apprenticeship Standards Representative. See representative information.
- $146.20 per credit (resident)
- $219.30 per credit (out-of-state resident)
Associate of Arts/Associate of Science
- $188.90 per credit (resident)
- $283.35 per credit (out-of-state resident)
Online students are not charged out-of-state fees.
- $4.50 minimum per course Material Fee
- $12.50 per-credit Supplemental Fee for Undergraduate courses
- $10 minimum per credit Online Course Fee (Fee suspended for 2023-2024)
- $4.50 per term mandatory Student Accident Insurance Fee
Please refer to Tuition & Fee Information for additional enrollment fee information.
The Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator Apprenticeship consists of approximately three years, including approximately 5,568 hours of on-the-job learning and 432 hours of paid related instruction.
Wastewater operators require a moderate level of physical strength. They must frequently stand for long periods in uncomfortable positions. Since much of their work is outdoors, wastewater operators are exposed to various weather conditions.
Plan of Study Grid
||Introduction to Wastewater Treatment
||Conventional Wastewater Treatment
||Advanced Wastewater Treatment Processes
||Hydraulics of Water and Wastewater
||Equipment Maintenance and Instrumentation
| ||Total Credits||24|
This apprenticeship program requires Related Electives. Please contact your Apprenticeship Coordinator for courses.
- Operate pre-treatment and collection systems.
- Manage wastewater treatment plant processes.
- Operate wastewater treatment plant facilities and equipment.
- Maintain wastewater treatment plant equipment and technology.
- Manage wastewater treatment plant bio-solids programs.
- Communicate plant and wastewater treatment specific information effectively.
- Promote a safe work environment for self and others.
- Perform management related duties based on need.
- Manage laboratory testing, equipment, and reporting.
- Utilize computers and wastewater treatment technologies.
- Comply with wastewater treatment regulations.