To learn more, visit: https://www.morainepark.edu/academics/programs/tax-preparer-assistant-certificate/
Program Number: 61-101-2
Campus: Beaver Dam, Fond du Lac, West Bend, Online
This program is not eligible for financial aid
Learn to prepare taxes and start your career—or pick up a seasonal job—after only one semester with the Tax Preparer Assistant Certificate at MPTC.
About the Program
The Tax Preparer Assistant Certificate offers a blend of accounting principles with income tax accounting basics. Students also build a knowledge of formulas, worksheet building and decision-making in a business environment.
What You'll Learn
Students in the Tax Preparer Assistant Certificate focus on the process of preparing income taxes. Students are trained in the essentials of the Internal Revenue Code. Graduates are skilled at providing excellent customer service, locating necessary forms to complete taxes and identifying information.
Plus, all courses in this certificate directly transfer into the Accounting Assistant technical diploma and Accounting associate degree.
Earn credits at MPTC and transfer to a four-year college to earn your bachelor’s degree.
Visit the Transfer to a Four-Year College page for more information on credit transfer agreements between Moraine Park and four-year colleges, both public and private.
Standard Admissions steps details
Credit for Prior Learning
Earn college credit outside the classroom through Moraine Park’s Credit for Prior Learning (CPL) opportunities. Credit opportunities are available for:
- Previous college coursework from prior institutions
- Military training and experience
- Passing of MPTC or national exams
- Skills or knowledge developed on the job or through other life experiences
Visit MPTC’s Credit for Prior Learning page for more information.
- $146.20 per credit (resident)
- $219.30 per credit (out-of-state resident)
Associate of Arts/Associate of Science
- $188.90 per credit (resident)
- $283.35 per credit (out-of-state resident)
Online students are not charged out-of-state fees.
- $4.50 minimum per course Material Fee
- $12.50 per-credit Supplemental Fee for Undergraduate courses
- $10 minimum per credit Online Course Fee (Fee suspended for 2023-2024)
- $4.50 per term mandatory Student Accident Insurance Fee
Please refer to Tuition & Fee Information for additional enrollment fee information.
Earn certificates, technical diplomas and an associate degree along this pathway. Start with some courses for entry-level employment, and continue with additional courses for higher wages and job advancement.