Other Sources of Financial Aid


The Moraine Park Foundation offers scholarships to MPTC students. Many companies and unions offer scholarships, grants or low-cost loans to employees. Local community scholarship resources include the Kiwanis, Rotary, Chamber of Commerce and other civic, charitable or fraternal organizations. Also consider religious organizations, ethnic groups, local businesses, etc . For more information go to: https://www.morainepark.edu/pay-for-college/scholarships/

Veteran Status

If you or a parent is a veteran, contact your local County Veterans Office, the Veterans Administration, or contact the Student Veterans Specialist or Veterans Certifying Official by emailing veterans@morainepark.edu or for information on financial assistance for school click here.

Workforce Innovation and Opportunities Act (WIOA)

WIOA is a federally funded program that supports the WorkSmart Network, which serves students living in Dodge, Sauk, Jefferson, Marquette, Columbia, and Dane counties. The program can provide eligible students, who are pursuing a degree in a high growth career field, with financial assistance to cover some of the cost of tuition, books, uniforms/equipment, childcare, and travel. Assistance with job placement, work experience, and on-the-job (OJT) training opportunities is also available to qualifying participants. Students are required to complete the FAFSA since the PELL Grant information is needed, and eligibility is based on program type (adults, dislocated workers, veterans, and youth) and the applicant’s individual situation. Please call Erin Johns at (920) 887-4459.

Assistance for the Disabled

The State Department of Rehabilitation provides financial help for eligible disabled students. Assistance may include cost of tuition, fees, books and transportation. Contact the Vocational Rehabilitation Office in your area for possible assistance.

Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)

If you have dependents under the age of 18, you may qualify for TANF. Contact the County Social Services Department for more information. 

Taxation of Scholarships and Fellowships

1.The Tax Reform Act of 1986 included an amendment of Section 117 of the IRC that subjects scholarships and fellowships to taxation. These financial aid offers must be reported as income on your federal tax return. Monies used for tuition, fees, books, supplies and equipment required for courses of instruction will be excluded from gross income .

2.Please make sure you save the necessary records. You should keep your copy of your financial aid offer letter and any revised offer letters plus all receipts for your tuition, fees, books, supplies and required equipment. Students can also refer to their 1098T document available on myMPTC Student.

If you have specific questions, please contact your tax accountant.