Work Study Program

Federal Work-Study Program

Federal Work-Study (FWS) is a federally funded aid program designed to provide part-time employment for eligible students. Students who demonstrate financial need are offered FWS funds on a prior year earned and then a first-come, first-served basis until funds are exhausted. If the FAFSA is filed too late in the year, you may not receive an FWS offer due to lack of funding, regardless of whether you had an FWS offer in the past.

How to Find a Job

A list of all available FWS positions is available by contacting the financial aid office. Although a formal hiring process is not used, FWS supervisors may interview several students before deciding which person is best suited for the position. You can expect to discuss the details of the position, the hours you are available to work, job expectations, etc.

Before you Start

Moraine Park requires the completion of employment forms before you can begin work. These forms can be obtained by emailing the Financial Aid office. After these forms have been completed, you will be given a pay schedule and information on how to track and record your hours. Time sheets must be submitted online every week from the work study supervisor.

Payroll Information

You are paid every other week in the form of a paycheck for the work performed during the previous weeks. All earnings are deposited into your checking or savings account. The rate of pay is $13.50 per hour, with total earnings for the academic year not to exceed the amount offered.

Requesting Work Study

If you would like more information, contact the campus Financial Aid Department, and your file will be reviewed to determine eligibility. If you are eligible, your name will be placed on a waiting list, and you will be contacted when/if a position becomes available. Fill out a work study interest form here.

Canceling Work Study

If the FWS fund is not accepted within 30 days of being offered, It will be canceled from your account. If award accepted but then decide not to work, contact the Financial Aid Department immediately. Your name will be removed from the list of eligible students, and the money will be offered to someone on the FWS waiting list.