To learn more, visit: https://www.morainepark.edu/academics/programs/hvac-installation-technician/
Program Number: 31-601-2
Technical Diploma (1 year)
Campus: West Bend
This program is eligible for financial aid
Learn concepts about HVAC installation and design and earn a degree in less than a year with the HVAC Installation Technician program at MPTC.
About the Program
Heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration jobs are in high-demand. Take advantage of this job-growth by getting started in MPTC's HVAC Installation Technician program. Students receive vast HVAC training and learn principles of air conditioning and heating installation.
What You'll Learn
Students of this program benefit from hands-on instruction in a state-of-the-art lab and simulated construction environment. Students learn how to install and start up residential and commercial heating, ventilation, refrigeration and air conditioning equipment. Students receive hands-on training in applications of refrigeration, hot water/steam heating, and electric motors and controls.
Earn credits at MPTC and transfer to a four-year college to earn your bachelor’s degree.
Visit the Transfer to a Four-Year College page for more information on credit transfer agreements between Moraine Park and four-year colleges, both public and private.
Students must purchase various hand tools for this program.
Standard Admissions steps details
Credit for Prior Learning
Earn college credit outside the classroom through Moraine Park’s Credit for Prior Learning (CPL) opportunities. Credit opportunities are available for:
- Previous college coursework from prior institutions
- Military training and experience
- Passing of MPTC or national exams
- Skills or knowledge developed on the job or through other life experiences
Visit MPTC’s Credit for Prior Learning page for more information.
- $146.20 per credit (resident)
- $219.30 per credit (out-of-state resident)
Associate of Arts/Associate of Science
- $188.90 per credit (resident)
- $283.35 per credit (out-of-state resident)
Online students are not charged out-of-state fees.
- $4.50 minimum per course Material Fee
- $12.50 per-credit Supplemental Fee for Undergraduate courses
- $10 minimum per credit Online Course Fee (Fee suspended for 2023-2024)
- $4.50 per term mandatory Student Accident Insurance Fee
Please refer to Tuition & Fee Information for additional enrollment fee information.
Financial Aid is available for associate degree and technical diploma programs (those that are 2 semesters in length and typically with 28 credits or more). Processing can take 4-5 weeks after a student's completed Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is received. Visit the Financial Aid page to learn more.