To learn more, visit: https://www.morainepark.edu/academics/programs/payroll-assistant-certificate/
Program Number: 61-101-3
Campus: Beaver Dam, Fond du Lac, West Bend, Online
This program is not eligible for financial aid
Start your finance career after only one semester of courses with the Payroll Assistant Certificate at Moraine Park Technical College.
About the Program
The Payroll Assistant Certificate covers basic accounting and payroll concepts and prepares students for entry-level payroll jobs.
What You'll Learn
Students learn how to provide excellent service in a business atmosphere, with a focus on calculating hours and wages according to Fair Labor Standards laws. Students also learn to gauge state employer/employee taxes, determine net pay and how to file federal and state tax forms.
Plus, all courses directly transfer into the Accounting Assistant technical diploma and Accounting associate degree.
Earn credits at MPTC and transfer to a four-year college to earn your bachelor’s degree.
Visit the Transfer to a Four-Year College page for more information on credit transfer agreements between Moraine Park and four-year colleges, both public and private.
Standard Admissions steps details
Credit for Prior Learning
Earn college credit outside the classroom through Moraine Park’s Credit for Prior Learning (CPL) opportunities. Credit opportunities are available for:
- Previous college coursework from prior institutions
- Military training and experience
- Passing of MPTC or national exams
- Skills or knowledge developed on the job or through other life experiences
Visit MPTC’s Credit for Prior Learning page for more information.
- $146.20 per credit (resident)
- $219.30 per credit (out-of-state resident)
Associate of Arts/Associate of Science
- $188.90 per credit (resident)
- $283.35 per credit (out-of-state resident)
Online students are not charged out-of-state fees.
- $4.50 minimum per course Material Fee
- $12.50 per-credit Supplemental Fee for Undergraduate courses
- $10 minimum per credit Online Course Fee (Fee suspended for 2023-2024)
- $4.50 per term mandatory Student Accident Insurance Fee
Please refer to Tuition & Fee Information for additional enrollment fee information.
Earn certificates, technical diplomas and an associate degree along this pathway. Start with some courses for entry-level employment, and continue with additional courses for higher wages and job advancement.