To learn more, visit: https://www.morainepark.edu/academics/programs/bookkeeper/
Program Number: 30-101-3
Campus: Beaver Dam, Fond du Lac, West Bend, Online
This program is not eligible for financial aid
Complete a Bookkeeper technical diploma at Moraine Park Technical College with only five courses.
About the Program
The Bookkeeper program is available on campus or online and teaches students basic accounting concepts. Students gain hands-on experience using accounting software programs to organize, analyze and deliver data.
What You'll Learn
Students learn hands-on skills to manage financial data for a small business. This program focuses on training students to assist business owners by compiling data to guide business-driven decisions.
Plus, you can easily build on your bookkeeping diploma. Classes in this program transfer into the Accounting associate degree, Accounting Assistant technical diploma, Payroll Assistant Certificate and Tax Preparer Assistant Certificate.
Earn credits at MPTC and transfer to a four-year college to earn your bachelor’s degree.
Visit the Transfer to a Four-Year College page for more information on credit transfer agreements between Moraine Park and four-year colleges, both public and private.
Standard Admissions steps details
Credit for Prior Learning
Earn college credit outside the classroom through Moraine Park’s Credit for Prior Learning (CPL) opportunities. Credit opportunities are available for:
- Previous college coursework from prior institutions
- Military training and experience
- Passing of MPTC or national exams
- Skills or knowledge developed on the job or through other life experiences
Visit MPTC’s Credit for Prior Learning page for more information.
- $146.20 per credit (resident)
- $219.30 per credit (out-of-state resident)
Associate of Arts/Associate of Science
- $188.90 per credit (resident)
- $283.35 per credit (out-of-state resident)
Online students are not charged out-of-state fees.
- $4.50 minimum per course Material Fee
- $12.50 per-credit Supplemental Fee for Undergraduate courses
- $10 minimum per credit Online Course Fee (Fee suspended for 2023-2024)
- $4.50 per term mandatory Student Accident Insurance Fee
Please refer to Tuition & Fee Information for additional enrollment fee information.
Earn certificates, technical diplomas and an associate degree along this pathway. Start with some courses for entry-level employment, and continue with additional courses for higher wages and job advancement.