Program Number: 61-457-1
Campus: Fond du Lac
This program is not eligible for financial aid
A short time investment and you’re on your way to an entry-level position in the manufacturing industry. Gain the hands-on skills you need in Moraine Park Technical College’s Manufacturing Fundamentals certificate.
About the Program
Gain the skills (and confidence) you need for an entry-level position in the manufacturing industry through Moraine Park’s hands-on Manufacturing Fundamentals certificate. Students get an introduction to manufacturing processes as well as basic training to safely operate machines such as lathes, milling machines and surface grinders.
What You'll Learn
Students learn how to read, visualize and interpret industrial blueprints, and practice using basic measuring equipment such as scales, micrometers, dial calipers and gage blocks.
The courses in this certificate can be directly transferred into Moraine Park's Automated Manufacturing Technician technical diploma and Quality and Advanced Manufacturing Technology associate degree.
Earn credits at MPTC and transfer to a four-year college to earn your bachelor’s degree.
Visit the Transfer to a Four-Year College page for more information on credit transfer agreements between Moraine Park and four-year colleges, both public and private.
Standard Admissions steps details
Credit for Prior Learning
Earn college credit outside the classroom through Moraine Park’s Credit for Prior Learning (CPL) opportunities. Credit opportunities are available for:
- Previous college coursework from prior institutions
- Military training and experience
- Passing of MPTC or national exams
- Skills or knowledge developed on the job or through other life experiences
Visit MPTC’s Credit for Prior Learning page for more information.
- $146.20 per credit (resident)
- $219.30 per credit (out-of-state resident)
Associate of Arts/Associate of Science
- $188.90 per credit (resident)
- $283.35 per credit (out-of-state resident)
Online students are not charged out-of-state fees.
- $4.50 minimum per course Material Fee
- $12.50 per-credit Supplemental Fee for Undergraduate courses
- $10 minimum per credit Online Course Fee (Fee suspended for 2023-2024)
- $4.50 per term mandatory Student Accident Insurance Fee
Please refer to Tuition & Fee Information for additional enrollment fee information.
Earn certificates, a technical diploma and an associate degree along this pathway. Start with some courses for entry-level employment, and continue with additional courses for higher wages and job advancement.