To learn more, visit: https://www.morainepark.edu/academics/programs/human-resources-assistant-certificate/
Program Number: 61-116-3
Campus: Beaver Dam, Fond du Lac, West Bend
This program is not eligible for financial aid
The Human Resources Assistant Certificate at Moraine Park Technical College is perfect for developing new or seasoned supervisors into effective leaders and coaches in a diverse workplace.
About the Program
The Human Resources Assistant Certificate is designed to prepare individuals for entry-level roles within the Human Resources area. This certificate is also helpful for current and new human resources professionals seeking to improve their effectiveness as a leader through better understanding, communicating and implementing of organizational policies.
What You’ll Learn
Students in the Human Resources Assistant Certificate program learn about recruitment practices, payroll accounting, safety, and legal issues pertaining to employee relations and human resource management.
This certificate allows students to take associate of applied science degree courses without the time commitment of a full-time program—the credits can later be applied toward the Human Resources Associate of Applied Science degree.
Earn credits at MPTC and transfer to a four-year college to earn your bachelor’s degree.
Visit the Transfer to a Four-Year College page for more information on credit transfer agreements between Moraine Park and four-year colleges, both public and private.
Standard Admissions steps details
Credit for Prior Learning
Earn college credit outside the classroom through Moraine Park’s Credit for Prior Learning (CPL) opportunities. Credit opportunities are available for:
- Previous college coursework from prior institutions
- Military training and experience
- Passing of MPTC or national exams
- Skills or knowledge developed on the job or through other life experiences
Visit MPTC’s Credit for Prior Learning page for more information.
- $146.20 per credit (resident)
- $219.30 per credit (out-of-state resident)
Associate of Arts/Associate of Science
- $188.90 per credit (resident)
- $283.35 per credit (out-of-state resident)
Online students are not charged out-of-state fees.
- $4.50 minimum per course Material Fee
- $12.50 per-credit Supplemental Fee for Undergraduate courses
- $10 minimum per credit Online Course Fee (Fee suspended for 2023-2024)
- $4.50 per term mandatory Student Accident Insurance Fee
Please refer to Tuition & Fee Information for additional enrollment fee information.
Earn a certificate and associate degree along this pathway. Start with some courses for entry-level employment, and continue with additional courses for higher wages and job advancement.