To learn more, visit: https://www.morainepark.edu/academics/programs/gas-metal-arc-welding-certificate/
Program Number: 61-442-1
Campus: Fond du Lac, Jackson Regional Center
This program is not eligible for financial aid
Gain hands-on experience working with welding equipment and learn from instructors with years of industry experience in Moraine Park’s Gas Metal Arc Welding Certificate program.
About the Program
Want to work with your hands and gain entry-level employment in the manufacturing industry?
Moraine Park’s Gas Metal Arc Welding (GMAW) Certificate prepares students for entry-level employment as MIG welders in as little as six months, and students can also choose to continue their education by applying their certificate credits to the Welding technical diploma.
Gas metal arc welding (GMAW), also known as MIG welding, is a welding process that can be used on most metals and alloys and is popular in a variety of manufacturing and industrial settings.
What You'll Learn
In Moraine Park’s Welding certificate program, students gain hands-on experience using welding equipment, practicing welding safety, using occupational math, reading welding prints, and gas metal arc welding in all positions.
Earn credits at MPTC and transfer to a four-year college to earn your bachelor’s degree.
Visit the Transfer to a Four-Year College page for more information on credit transfer agreements between Moraine Park and four-year colleges, both public and private.
Standard Admissions steps details
Credit for Prior Learning
Earn college credit outside the classroom through Moraine Park’s Credit for Prior Learning (CPL) opportunities. Credit opportunities are available for:
- Previous college coursework from prior institutions
- Military training and experience
- Passing of MPTC or national exams
- Skills or knowledge developed on the job or through other life experiences
Visit MPTC’s Credit for Prior Learning page for more information.
- $146.20 per credit (resident)
- $219.30 per credit (out-of-state resident)
Associate of Arts/Associate of Science
- $188.90 per credit (resident)
- $283.35 per credit (out-of-state resident)
Online students are not charged out-of-state fees.
- $4.50 minimum per course Material Fee
- $12.50 per-credit Supplemental Fee for Undergraduate courses
- $10 minimum per credit Online Course Fee (Fee suspended for 2023-2024)
- $4.50 per term mandatory Student Accident Insurance Fee
Please refer to Tuition & Fee Information for additional enrollment fee information.
Earn certificates and two technical diplomas along this pathway. Start with some courses for entry-level employment, and continue with additional courses for higher wages and job advancement.