To learn more, visit: https://www.morainepark.edu/academics/programs/artisan-baking-certificate/
Program Number: 97-316-5
Campus: Fond du Lac
This program is not eligible for financial aid
Learn to master the art of producing quality, scratch-baked goods with the Artisan Baking Certificate at MPTC.
About the Program
Pastries, breads, cakes, tortes and more! Master the craft of preparing quality baked goods in a professional culinary lab at the Fond du Lac campus.
What You'll Learn
Students in the Artisan Baking Certificate learn how to make tasty, high-quality baked goods in a professional kitchen. Emphasis is placed on mixing and handling artisan breads, high-end tortes and breakfast pastries. Students in the Artisan Baking classes will also learn the essentials of nutrition, kitchen sanitation and safety. Graduates of the program are prepared to use wholesome ingredients to create baked goods for hotels, restaurants or bakeries.
The Sanitation and Safety and baking courses can be transferred directly into Moraine Park’s Culinary Arts associate degree if students wish to continue their education. Students and graduates who want specialized training in Artisan Baking may have already completed several of the certificate courses.
Earn credits at MPTC and transfer to a four-year college to earn your bachelor’s degree.
Visit the Transfer to a Four-Year College page for more information on credit transfer agreements between Moraine Park and four-year colleges, both public and private.
Students must purchase the required uniform and baking kit for this program.
Standard Admissions steps details
Credit for Prior Learning
Earn college credit outside the classroom through Moraine Park’s Credit for Prior Learning (CPL) opportunities. Credit opportunities are available for:
- Previous college coursework from prior institutions
- Military training and experience
- Passing of MPTC or national exams
- Skills or knowledge developed on the job or through other life experiences
Visit MPTC’s Credit for Prior Learning page for more information.
- $146.20 per credit (resident)
- $219.30 per credit (out-of-state resident)
Associate of Arts/Associate of Science
- $188.90 per credit (resident)
- $283.35 per credit (out-of-state resident)
Online students are not charged out-of-state fees.
- $4.50 minimum per course Material Fee
- $12.50 per-credit Supplemental Fee for Undergraduate courses
- $10 minimum per credit Online Course Fee (Fee suspended for 2023-2024)
- $4.50 per term mandatory Student Accident Insurance Fee
Please refer to Tuition & Fee Information for additional enrollment fee information.
Earn a certificate, technical diploma and associate degree along this pathway. Start with some courses for entry-level employment, and continue with additional courses for higher wages and job advancement.