To learn more, visit: https://www.morainepark.edu/academics/programs/information-technology-information-security-certificate/
Program Number: 97-150-2
Campus: Fond du Lac
This program is not eligible for financial aid
Develop skills in web security and add an IT credential to your resume after only four courses with the Information Technology - Information Security Certificate at Moraine Park Technical College.
About the Program
Build on your current career in IT, or propel your IT career forward with a certificate in Information Security. Students in the Information Technology – Information Security Certificate program focus on today’s needs in internet security development.
What You'll Learn
With today’s technology, web security is vital. Students in this certificate learn about implementation techniques to maintain information security. Graduates of this certificate gain skills to recognize, prevent and respond to network attacks. These students will also be able to use appropriate tools to respond to compromised networks and vulnerabilities. They are skilled in identifying intrusion methods, policy development, encryption and authentication. Curriculum aligns with Checkpoint Secure Academy.
Earn credits at MPTC and transfer to a four-year college to earn your bachelor’s degree.
Visit the Transfer to a Four-Year College page for more information on credit transfer agreements between Moraine Park and four-year colleges, both public and private.
Standard Admissions steps details
Credit for Prior Learning
Earn college credit outside the classroom through Moraine Park’s Credit for Prior Learning (CPL) opportunities. Credit opportunities are available for:
- Previous college coursework from prior institutions
- Military training and experience
- Passing of MPTC or national exams
- Skills or knowledge developed on the job or through other life experiences
Visit MPTC’s Credit for Prior Learning page for more information.
- $146.20 per credit (resident)
- $219.30 per credit (out-of-state resident)
Associate of Arts/Associate of Science
- $188.90 per credit (resident)
- $283.35 per credit (out-of-state resident)
Online students are not charged out-of-state fees.
- $4.50 minimum per course Material Fee
- $12.50 per-credit Supplemental Fee for Undergraduate courses
- $10 minimum per credit Online Course Fee (Fee suspended for 2023-2024)
- $4.50 per term mandatory Student Accident Insurance Fee
Please refer to Tuition & Fee Information for additional enrollment fee information.