To learn more, visit: https://www.morainepark.edu/academics/programs/wind-energy-technology/
Program Number: 10-482-1
Associate of Applied Science Degree
Campus: Shared with Lakeshore Technical College*
This program is eligible for financial aid
Experience high-level wind turbine training to prepare for a career in the renewable energy sector through the two-year Wind Energy Technology program.
About the Program
As the wind energy industry continues to grow, employers are seeking skilled technicians for operation and maintenance activities in local wind farm settings. The Wind Energy Technology program trains students in the latest trends and practices needed to become a successful wind turbine technician.
The Wind Energy Technology program is offered through Lakeshore Technical College (LTC), and students can also complete general studies courses and a number of core program courses at the Moraine Park Fond du Lac campus. Wind Energy Technology program courses are held at LTC. For more information, please visit the Lakeshore Technical College Wind Energy Technology page.
What You'll Learn
Through interactive classes led by highly skilled wind professionals, students learn how to install, test, service and repair wind turbine components and Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) systems. Students also learn how to apply safety practices required on the job and teach safe wind turbine climbing skills.
Earn credits at MPTC and transfer to a four-year college to earn your bachelor’s degree.
Visit the Transfer to a Four-Year College page for more information on credit transfer agreements between Moraine Park and four-year colleges, both public and private.
The admission process for a shared program should be completed at Lakeshore Technical College.
- $146.20 per credit (resident)
- $219.30 per credit (out-of-state resident)
Associate of Arts/Associate of Science
- $188.90 per credit (resident)
- $283.35 per credit (out-of-state resident)
Online students are not charged out-of-state fees.
- $4.50 minimum per course Material Fee
- $12.50 per-credit Supplemental Fee for Undergraduate courses
- $10 minimum per credit Online Course Fee (Fee suspended for 2023-2024)
- $4.50 per term mandatory Student Accident Insurance Fee
Please refer to Tuition & Fee Information for additional enrollment fee information.
Financial Aid Process
The financial aid process for a shared program should be completed at Lakeshore Technical College.
For course requirements, please visit Lakeshore Technical College's Wind Energy Technology page.
- Install, inspect, test, service, and repair wind turbine components
- Wear proper Personal Protection Equipment, identify hazards, mitigate said hazards, and safely climb towers
- Cognitively think and use deductive reasoning as well as manufacturer information while troubleshooting or maintaining a wind turbine
- Clearly and responsibly communicate appropriate information with stakeholders under minimal supervision
- Practice the basics of self-evaluation and rescue